Join in the 2021 Top Chef cooking competitions! Marie and Karen O (winners in 2017) are managing this competition. Page last Updated: May 8, 2021
The Kioski Family Cooking Competition (KFCC) 2021 will have 2 competitions: Bake Off and Main Event. Time to get those juices flowing and see if you have what it takes!
More information will be forwarded on location and additional details. The Mahowald sisters are looking forward to a great competition with you.
- We will have an assortment of cake mixes. You will be given a >random mix to create a delicious dessert with any other ingredients.
- Start time: 8:45 - Cake mix given out by Marie at beach area, TBD.
- Bake time: 9:00-10:30 at your place. Bring entire dessert to judging area, you can use provided paper plates to plate your entry. Rest of dessert can be sampled by others.
- Judge time: 10:45 at beach area, TBD. Judging criteria: 50% taste and 50% creative presentation
- Create an appetizer and beverage combination that tastes delicious together.
- Preparation Time: 12:00 to 1:30 at your place. Bring all appetizers and beverages to judging area. You can use provided paper plates to plate your appetizer entry. Bring glasses for the judges to sample your beverage. Rest of appetizers and beverage can be sampled by others.
- Judge time: 1:45 at beach area, TBD. Judging criteria: 50% taste and 50% creative presentation; Maximum of 5 points in each category
PARTICIPANTS View Lists of Contestants & Judges
- Creativity is important on both contests. Start experimenting ahead of time (judges would appreciate)!
- Contact Marie Lunderberg (email@example.com) to sign up as a contestant (solo or team). Cheers to some great participation.
- You can compete in one or both events.
- Please plan to present your food in tasting portions for the multiple (maximum of 5) judges
- Bring your Top Chef aprons if you have them. If you need one, please let us know.
- There will be a fantastic prize for the winner of each competition!